7.21.2014

Making it a Point to Spend more Time Outside!

Life gets busy, we all say it. We often feel we spend all our time either working at a job or working at home.  Home projects like laundry, cooking and cleaning can consume our evenings after a long day at work.  If you’re like me, and decide to start a blog, :) you probably also spend a lot of time online!! (I’m guilty).  Not matter the season, I’m inside entirely too much I’ve decided.  Inside working, inside cleaning, inside watching movies or typing on the computer.  It’s crazy if you stop and think about it.  We’re comfortable being inside, with the a/c on and all of our electronics.  Is this the example I want to set for my kids?  Heck. No!
See, this is what I've been missing...beautiful!
Besides, being outside is good for the soul.  You don’t have to be up on mountain or down at a beach to enjoy nature.  Sitting in my own backyard is simply enough.  Enjoying the sunshine and getting some much needed vitamin D, with an all natural and safe sunscreen of course.
So I’ve decided I  need to make it a point to spend more time outside.  Yesterday was the first day to actually do something about it so we headed up to Boulder and took the family on a hike. 
During the hike I kept thinking, WHY haven’t we done this yet??  It was a beautiful day out and it was so peaceful and serene to just be outside, in nature listening to all the sounds.  It was a decent workout, we had some great family time and it was FREE! 
Hopefully you make it a point to go outside and spend some quality time with family or friends.  The options are unlimited and my kids slept soooo good last night! Nothing like tiring them out to make them sleep!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals